Monday 16 April 2012

Therapy!

After a few days spending at the therapy session in Lancaster I have only managed to get a few patients taking part. This can be due to the lack of confidence and their focusing. However I do have some good news my Squiggle me activity really impressed the Manager and some of the working volunteers and from here they are going to try every other day and fit it into their activity schedule. Like I say this all depends on whether the patients feel well enough to do it. From here I learned a few things in using this in therapy and one of the main points was to tell if someone has been getting. This could be used in the sense of say one patient was only able to scribble and not draw that well but just say another week later and they tried it again shapes might form from that person or even actual drawings and this mean the patient is improving so the hospital is heading in the right direction in terms of progress.

Overall Its been very different taking "Squiggle Me" to a Psychiatric institution and I believe if I get through to the patients and my game helps, I'm going in  the right direction in relation to aiming a product with people with difficulties. Some very interesting points came out which was brilliant such as overlapping drawings such as a head continuing or a body on one page and the head exploding onto another.

One of the patients who was obsessed with noses

No comments:

Post a Comment